Information for Delegates
- 1 Registration information
- 2 Getting to linux.conf.au
- 3 Where to stay at linux.conf.au
- 4 Conference schwag
- 5 What events are on at linux.conf.au?
- 6 What's to eat?
- 7 What to bring to linux.conf.au
- 8 Social Media
- 9 Emergency contacts
Refer to the main conference registration page for information on pricing, ticket types and entitlements.
Registration is a three-step process;
- Create a new account on linux.conf.au and validate your email
- Make your registration selection
- Ensure you pay your invoice
Registrations are not valid until paid. We can accept most major credit cards.
Getting to linux.conf.au
Where to stay at linux.conf.au
See Schwag Bag
What events are on at linux.conf.au?
A ".ics" file is available at [] with the conference schedule. For those using Android phones, the "Giggity" app will allow you to import this to help keep track of what you want to attend.
- Check-in open 3pm - 5pm
- Social Events?
- Main conference
- Professional Delegates Networking Session (PDNS)
- Unprofessional Delegates Networking Session (UnPDNS)
What's to eat?
What to bring to linux.conf.au
- Laptop, phone, camera, chargers etc - most people bring a laptop, tablet and other such devices. Free WiFi is available during the conference. Many Delegates enjoy hacking, coding and developing together at linux.conf.au.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a water bottle - Sydney can have high summer temperatures staying sun-smart and well hydrated is important!
- Clothes and toiletries - adequate clothing and sanitary items to see you through the week should be brought. The conference venue near many shopping centres so you'll be OK if you forget anything. Remember to bring any medication you may need.
- Identification and if international, your passport - for registration purposes, we may need to see identification, and if you're a student, we'll need to see your student card. In accordance with liquor laws, you may be asked for ID to be served alcohol.
- Cash or card - you will likely have some incidental expenses during the conference. There are ATMs available at the conference venue, and most nearby venues take card.
- Website: linux.conf.au
- Twitter: @linuxconfau, hashtag #lca2018
- Facebook: Facebook
- IRC: #linux.conf.au on freenode.net
- Email: Email
- Announce mailing list: Announce list
- Reddit: /r/linuxconfau
All emergency Services: 000
In Australia, 000 is the main point of call for all emergency services - Police / Fire brigade / Ambulance. 911 will not redirect to 000.
In case of emergency
- Dial 6 from a campus phone or Freecall 1800 249 559
General UTS security enquiries
- Dial 9514 1192
We have St Johns to provide medical assistance if needed. Where are St Johns going to be located?
- At the back left (north west) of CB01 level 4 (ground level, one below registration)
On Call Linux Conference Australia Organiser
- 1300 564 998 or +61 2 9056 0889
Crisis and Mental Health
- Lifeline Australia - Crisis support and suicide prevention
- 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue - Support Service and referrals
- 1300 22 4636